Book Round-Up 2013

Below are the books I read in 2013.

Near the end of the year I started using Audible.com which is great. For a yearly subscription, I get credit for one book per month, for $10 per month, cheaper than most audio books. And I get through about a book a month. Between that and podcasts I have lots to listen to.

I didn't get audible for a long time because I bike and I didn't want to bike with headphones. I found I didn't have much time to listen to books. But my beloved got a Bose bluetooth headset for Christmas. It can be used like most, but also can be used as a normal headphone. So now I can listen to books while I bike. It's only in one ear, so I can hear traffic and get that important situational awareness. The fact that it's bluetooth is great because I don't have lots of cords getting caught up in everything. This was especially a problem in the winter, with a coat, scarf, facemask, hat, etc. The bluetooth makes it so nice.

Anyway, happy reading! If you want to see my complete list of books read, see my webpage for it: http://www.jimdavies.org/personal/books-read.html

Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Richard Thaler and Cass Sunstein (audible)
Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success by Adam M. Grant (audible)
Blood Rock: Book Two of the Skindancer series by Anthony Francis
The Player of Games by Ian M. Banks
Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi
In Gods We Trust: The Evolutionary Landscape of Religion by Scott Atran
Gone Girl*** by Gillian Flynn
The Ragged Astronauts by Bob Shaw
Wool Omnibus by Hugh Howey
Intuition Pumps and Other Tools for Thinking by Daniel Dennett
A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time) by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson
Not by Genes Alone: How Culture Transformed Human Evolution by Peter Richerson and Robert Boyd
Religion Explained: The Evolutionary Origins of Religious Thought by Pascal Boyer













Bookmark and Share

Comments

Popular Posts