2009 book wrap up

Every year I report on the books I've finished in the previous year.
You can see all of the books I've read since 1993 at
http://jimdavies.org/personal/books-read.html

Here is 2009, in which I read 11 books. Lower than usual. I have been reading more periodicals and doing other, hopefully more productive things.


Little Brother
by Cory Doctorow

Good book. Read it free on my phone.



The Gathering Storm***
by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson


Fantastic addition to a series I love.


Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life***
by Neill Strauss

Awesome read. Love Neil Strauss.


The Ruins
by Scott Smith

Couldn't put it down.


Tomorrow's Professor: Preparing for Careers in Science and Engineering
by Richard M. Reis

Decent book.


Robot: Mere Machine to Transcendent Mind
by Hans Moravec

A bit dated, but full of good ideas.


The Mechanical Mind in History
, edited by Husbands, Holland, & Wheeler


Goldfinger
by Ian Fleming


Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton



The Fourth Ambit
by Dawson Nichols

Great!



Meditation
by Eknath Easwaran

Best book on meditation I've ever read.


Bookmark and Share

Comments

Anonymous said…
I look forward to reading Gathering Storm when I can find the time.

Popular Posts